Sunday, July 30, 2006

Blue Like Jazz/Live


I watched Blue Like Jazz Live tonight hosted at TLC. Jason Hildebrand was brilliant. Here's Don Miller's opening Author's Note from the book:

-I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve. But I was outside the Bagdad Theater in Portland one night when I saw a man playing the saxophone. I stood there for fifteen minutes, and he never opened his eyes. After that, I liked jazz music. Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way. I used to not like God because God didn't resolve. But that was before any of this happened.-

What does somebody loving God look like? I mean the kind that draws people into it. The kind of loving God that really, really touches others deep down in the ancient places of the heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God loves me for He never gave up on me though I failed Him many times... A Father whom I can really called upon when everything in this world is falling apart... Someone whom I can really trust, share my innermost feelings, fears, doubts, etc. He's like an oxygen to me, aside from I cannot live apart from Him, He's always there! You cannot escape from His presence because even if you try you'll soon realize how much you really need Him! Just like those who are sick... people who can't breathe normally need oxygen tanks. People who are spiritually sick needs the ULTIMATE OXYGEN!