Saturday, October 21, 2006

Recommeneded Books: No Perfect People Allowed by John Burke



I highly recommend this book guys! It's a 5 star read!!

The four chapters in PART 3: The Struggle with Tolerance alone are worth twice the price of the entire book. A lot of my own questions were answered in dealing with a society that values tolerance above all things. Burke has incredible insight in handling the way the Church engages other religions and homosexuality. I wish I was that smart!

The one word that really stands out to me when dealing with imperfect people and struggling disciples is "trajectory." I think that if we can hold onto the big picture in people's lives and take into consideration their spiritual trajectory regardless of the mess they are in at the moment, we would be able to respond with grace and truth as Jesus did.

There are actually alot of things I picked up from this 314-page treasure. But this is the one thing that stands out in my mind most.

Check it out and let me know what you think here.

Enjoy!

No comments: